I had two small successes in Croatian today!

One of them is odd and likely doesn't count though....

Success 1- I was in /r/Croatia and there was a linked news article. In the past I've become frustrated with newspapers, mostly because although my grammar is good my vocabulary isn't, and with it I often struggled to even work out even the jist of an article unless it's super short.

I was very pleased when I was able to make sense of probably 50% of the article and worked out enough of the piece to then understand the overall story. I even managed to watch the video which accompanied the article and understand some of the spoken parts, which is even better as I struggle with listening as a skill overall (not just in Croatian but in all my languages).

Success 2 (probably doesn't count)- because I'm spending more time in the Croatian language Internet, I've found that adverts on sites I'm using, including reddit, are now neatly always in Croatian. Best part is that so far I've understood all of them too. :D

submitted by /u/rabmfan
[link] [comments]

from ようこそ | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2sOLi3H
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments