How many languages can one learn and maintain at native level?

Especially for regular 9-5 working people, realistically speaking. I want to be able to know 4 or 5 languages at native level at most throughout my life and just maintain that. Understanding classic literature, being able to write fairly well(blog posts, creative writing, etc), understanding most of the things you hear and being able to speak as well as a native. I currently only know English and Swedish and a bit of French. I know it’s not a particularly good idea(albeit tempting) to jump into another language already or even thinking about it and I won’t jump into anything until I’m fluent in French. I’m considering learning Dutch and Italian later. Is it feasible to learn and maintain these languages in the way in which I described? Do you reckon I’ll mess up and mix up the languages a lot? Are there any other complications I may encounter?

Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/Jshsbsb
[link] [comments]

from Тавтай морилогтун | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2Fse5n4
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments