How fast have people here gotten a beginner's grasp on Gaelic?

I'm working on some research into medieval Ireland, and what I've seen is that a lot of sources are written in Gaelic and untranslated. I'd love to get at least some level of understanding of Gaelic-- it's been a goal of mine for a while, but now that I'm on a deadline I really want to try harder. That said, it may be time I could spend doing other research if it'll take years to get to an okay level of understanding. If anyone here has learned it as a second language, I'd really appreciate an idea of how long it took you, and I'd also love to know what resources you used to learn if you're willing! Thanks so much!

submitted by /u/sbeadc
[link] [comments]

from Merħba| Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2GdGVqS
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments