Having trouble understanding some French speakers despite understanding most of what my French professor says

I go to a bilingual university so I have the option of taking my courses in English or in French. I'm taking a political science course in French and I'm able to understand most of what my professor says and I even take notes during the lectures and of the readings! However, there are times when a francophone student (I'm the only anglophone in my class) makes a comment and I don't understand what they just said. I feel discouraged after since here I was thinking that my comprehension levels are really advancing and then I feel lost again when some francophones speak really fast and I don't understand what they're saying.

Anyone else experience this? It's pretty disheartening...

submitted by /u/Small_titties_gurl
[link] [comments]

from Merħba| Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2MHOoQc
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments