Would learning Spanish hinder my French progress?

So, I've been learning french for about 6 months now and I've been quite dedicated and have got to a reasonably good point of comprehension (around B1?) but still have a ways to go.

I've just spent time in a Spanish-speaking country and have a Spanish-speaking boyfriend and kind of fell in love with the language. I really want to start learning, but with heavy university commitments (completely different field) and having made good progress in French I'm not sure whether this is a good idea. Is learning Spanish from a beginners entry likely to mess up French progress? And is anyone else struggling with balancing time between life commitments and language learning?

Sorry for wordy post

submitted by /u/breadandolives
[link] [comments]

from Тавтай морилогтун | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2SthPaH
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments