How to figure out which language to study?

This year I studied quite a bit of a few languages but I never really got anywhere with any of them. This year I really want to pick one language to study, but I can’t decide and I don’t know how. I want to dedicate myself to all the languages I’ve listed below, but I can’t decide!!

French: I’ve been studying it in school for 2 years, I know the most French than any other language. I just don’t know when I’d use it and I’m lacking motivation to learn on my own. But it’s beautiful and I’ve always wanted to learn it. Every time I see/hear something French I want to learn, but I quickly lose motivation :( I kept reading about how French people switch to English when you talk to them.

Mandarin: I know a few people who speak it that I could practice with, and I know it’s useful in the business world. There’s lots of content I can entertain myself with and use, and I love to learn about the culture. I learned it for about a month and it was fun but kind of difficult.

Turkish: I just started learning and it’s a beautiful language, I have a conversation partner and some resources. I like the culture and I would love to travel there one day or work. Also there are lots of scholarships available to those who study Turkish in America.

Spanish/Korean: I really want to learn both of these but not to fluency. I want to learn Spanish to volunteer with kids in my area and Korean to understand K-Pop and Korean Dramas.

How do I decide? How did you decide? Also, as a separate question, how do I motivate myself to learn?

submitted by /u/ImportantKnee
[link] [comments]

from Тавтай морилогтун | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2QZlQae
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments