How early should you start to consume native materials? Also, should you use subs in your native langauge or only use subs in L2 despite not knowing much?

So as part of my desire to really make some progress in Spanish in 2019, I’m thinking about trying to jump into native materials. I’ve played around with some beginner level stuff (Duolingo, Teach Yourself etc) but haven’t made much progress. I always read that you should jump into native materials sooner rather than later, therefore I’m thinking this is something I’m going to shoot for in 2019.

My question is how quickly did those of you who are successful language learners jump into native materials like TV shows? Is there any benefit to it at an A1 level?

Also, in terms of TV, there are numerous Spanish series on Netflix I’d like to watch, but I’m also curious how best to approach subtitles at first. Is there any benefit to using English subtitles when you don’t know much of the target langauge or should I jump right into Spanish subtitles and just struggle through initially?

Thanks for any and all advice!

submitted by /u/tx2005
[link] [comments]

from Тавтай морилогтун | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2EXZq1R
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments