French or German?

I study at NYU and am deciding on a language to take for next semester. I love philosophy...and all that I love is in either French (Sartre, Camus, de Beauvoir) or German (Nietzche, Kant, Schopenhauer). My native language is Lithuanian and I have studied Latin in high school (and did very well). So I have the options to study either German I (3 days a week) or Intensive Elementary French I (5 days a week). Each language poses a fair amount of pros and cons and I've come to the realization that I can't decide on my own.

What is your experience with either language? Was German easy to pick up? Worth it for philosophy? Or did you find French more satisfying to learn and read philosophy in?

Thanks for your input.

submitted by /u/lalchimista
[link] [comments]

from Γειά σας | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2LmgsIe
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments