Enlisting in the Army and need your advice/help!

The job I’m currently looking at is 35P, Cryptologic Linguist. Depending on my DLAB score, I will have to select a language to learn. Obviously I will be trained by professionals, and I will have lots of time and practice to learn the language, so difficulty isn’t an issue. What I’m looking for is what would be the most beneficial?

If I get above a 100 on the test, which I definitely should, due to my ability to learn languages well, I will have the choice between Tagalog, Russian, and Chinese Mandarin. Which of these three would be most beneficial for after my military career? Just for reference, I will be looking to retire from the Army, and work for a 3 letter agency, such as the FBI or CIA.

I personally think Mandarin would be best, but I can’t decide if Russian would also be a good pick. I am a native English speaker, and am proficient in Spanish. I don’t believe that Tagalog would be that helpful for my post military life, but it would be easiest to learn.

Any advice helps, thanks!

submitted by /u/fudump
[link] [comments]

from Тавтай морилогтун | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2SrlGVR
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments