Beginner/Intermediate German Video Sources

TLDR: Looking for adult oriented video that dumbs down German for beginners/intermediates

​

I've been speaking/learning German for probably the last 4-5 years (my wife is German) but I never really progressed past maybe advanced beginner. I can get along just fine with casual everyday stuff, but if a conversation gets past the basics or I watch a real TV show or movie, I get lost pretty quickly.

​

I'm working on trying to improve this and starting with LingQ and reading Harry Potter which so far has been great. However, I also want to incorporate video where I can (maybe replace a show at night with something German). There are a bunch of things on Netflix that I can watch in German, but I've found going directly to full adult German is too hard. If I don't have English subtitles, I'm quickly lost. If I do use English subtitles, I rely on them too much. In the US there isn't an option for German subtitles, but even if there was I'd be lost pretty quickly anyway.

​

I've looked on YouTube for some beginner things like German cartoons and those work great but....they're for kids, like kids kids. I don't necessarily MIND them, but they're also very boring (but yay, I can understand almost everything!).

​

Does anyone have some tips of maybe more adult oriented video out there that dumbs down the German but isn't farm animal cartoons bouncing around the screen?

submitted by /u/scottyent
[link] [comments]

from Тавтай морилогтун | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2VlZMoP
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments