Russian or Polish? Help me decide.

I've been considering starting on a Slavic Language soon but I'm having trouble deciding. My goal with any language is to communicate with people from other countries and cultures. In this regards, I guess I'm likely to encounter speakers of both to an equal degree and both languages have things going for them.

​

Russian:

- Introduces me to a completely new script, which is fun and opens the door to other languages which use it.

- There are many Russian language films that I'm fond of and can use as a resource

- There are more and (possibly) better resources available for learning in general.

- I'm not doing this for employability but maybe Russian looks better on a CV?

​

Polish

- I have a personal connection to Polish as I have a few polish friends whereas I have never met a Russian in my life.

- Uses the Latin script which, despite the fact that I would find learning a new script enjoyable, means I'll be able to dive into the language much sooner.

- The country I lived in and the one I'm moving to have far more Polish people than Russian so I'm more likely to encounter native speakers more frequently.

​

Just writing this has caused me to lean towards Polish now. But I'm curious what you guys think.

submitted by /u/toyo_abyss
[link] [comments]

from Γειά σας | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2E2OXTe
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments