is being in a school (and not being made to participate/do anything) enough to learn a new language

I live in Estonia (and I have for some time). I'm in a public school here and my mom believes that just being inside the school and attending classes (none of which I really do anything in, because I can't understand the assignments or really anything the teacher is saying) will be good enough to help further my Estonian. I don't have any friends I speak Estonian with, and the only time I really find myself using the language is when I'm with my tutor (provided by the school, 90 minutes a day, 3 times a week). The teachers, for the most part, don't make me do anything that involves the language (so, something like physical education or handwork I can do but the others I won't have any assignments given at all). This also means that I'm not keeping up with my subjects in school (math, science, basically any academic subject) and I fear that I'll end up falling behind in everything because it's taking me so long to learn the language.

submitted by /u/LessPhilos
[link] [comments]

from Γειά σας | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2KFFDVK
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments