🤔 How can I teach a friend how to clearly pronounce vowels? -> "u" "o "uo" [Slovak]

Hello fellow language learners :)

The situation:

I and my friend are communicating in German, although his native tongue is Pashto, he's from Afghanistan. We both life in Austria. He is living here for round about 30 years, yet he still isn't "fluent" in German.

He is missing some vocab and his grammar is mediocre. However, his biggest problem is pronunciation. I don't know anything about Pashto, so I don't know if the problems could originate in his mother tongue...

I am Slovak, my German is very good and he is trying to learn Slovak, because he has a Slovak girlfriend for 3 years, which does only speak Slovak.

The problem:

He often mixes up "u" and "o". It seems like he is not that aware of the difference of these vowels.

Another problem is the Slovak "uo" used mainly in the instrumental of the female gender in the Slovak language for example.

Do you know any good language drills I could do with him? Thank you a lot :)

submitted by /u/MacherTV
[link] [comments]

from Γειά σας | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2QaEXhm
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments