Avoiding Confusion Between Languages

Hi all,

I’m studying both Arabic and Hebrew at the moment in university, and currently at B1 level in both. I have just finished a period of time in Jordan where I’ve been speaking only Arabic - and there hasn’t been many opportunities to practice Hebrew. Now when I speak Hebrew I fill in the gaps with Arabic words and I’m worried I’m going to be confused between the two. I’ll be going to Israel next month to study both Hebrew and Arabic and should end up at B2 level on both after I finish my studies.

So my question is, what tips do you have to make sure that I’m able to separate both language and not get them confused?

I know in hindsight I should have started one language and then the other, but I can’t change my degree now. Also, this has only become a problem recently when I’ve reached around B1 level in Arabic (where my Hebrew was already slightly better than my Arabic).

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Attila_the_Hunty
[link] [comments]

from Γειά σας | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2DRNfTS
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments