Should I quit studying Arabic?

I have been studying Arabic for a year and I am at intermediate level. I am thinking of quitting studying it because of the experiences I have had with Arab people through language exchanges and iTalki lessons. It seems whenever I talk to an Arab person, they want to ask me about religion and American politics in a way that seems invasive. And even when I say I don't want to talk about it, they keep going and try to convert me to Islam. Because I am not one who enjoys discussing religion or politics, I find this extremely frustrating and it makes me want to give up the language all together. I love the Arabic language itself, but my discouragement comes from my experiences with the people. I am not sure if this is a phase I will get over or if I should choose a different language to study. But honestly I think I would regret it if I stopped studying Arabic just because I got so far.

submitted by /u/clemenciakarima
[link] [comments]

from ansa| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2OiDRKC
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments