Not being understandable in a language?

Ive studied Russian for 4 years now (mostly the wrong way - reading books only, only started talking this year), and I can understand it quite well. I can understand it quite well. I can watch TV shows with Russian subtitles and pick up 90% of whats said, maybe 70% without. I've started to read fanfiction as well.

The problem lies in that if I try to speak or even write its hard to understand me. My grammar has become scrambled, pronounciation has become awful. Apparently my word choice is irregular and bad too.

How do you begin to correct this? My mistakes are based on things I've learned incorrectly. Do you have any advice for correcting language use?

submitted by /u/AbioticOil
[link] [comments]

from ansa| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2JpHugX
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments