Need a Brazilian to critique my accent

Alrighty. I have been learning portuguese for about 10 months now (outside of Brasil). I have been told by lots of people that I have a good accent/pronunciation, but all of them are nice people (friends/language tutor etc). There is, however, one person (who is less "obliged to be polite") who says I have a very strong accent, and that it can be painful to talk with me. This person, is my girlfriend (Brazilian, mineira). She is not comfortable speaking portuguese with me, and says it's even a little painful to talk with me.

So I've got these two cohorts: nice people who say I sound fine, and a girlfriend who says I don't.

Clearly I'm learning this language for our relationship, and I want dearly for her to feel comfortable speaking her language with me. Hearing the word "painful" really struck a contrast with what the rest of the portuguese speaking world around me says, and I would like to fix it.

Can someone here give me a no bullshit critique of my accent and speech? And if anyone has any tips on improving, I am of course all ears! (I'm sorry for the low volume, my microphone sucks.

https://soundcloud.com/686531148/hoje

submitted by /u/allhailreeses
[link] [comments]

from qosh keldińiz| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2R4QLNX
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments