Learning noun/verb cases: best way to go about it?

I'm tackling Scots Gaelic, which has nominative, genitive, and dative cases. One of the ways I'm learning is making my own flashcards through anki as vocabulary building exercises.

My question is: Is it better to drill all the case forms in your head along with the regular form of the word when first learning it, or is it better to pick up the cases as you learn sentences later on so there's more context build on? Learning all the forms a word could have when first picking it up feels like it might be overwhelming and ineffective for my memory, but I'd like to hear what more experienced language learners have to say.

submitted by /u/samuraiche
[link] [comments]

from ansa| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2EUeiA6
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments