Can someone give me examples of metaphoric idiomatic expressions in Dari that Farsi speakers have trouble to understand?

Hi,

I've heard a long time ago that Dari and Farsi are the same language but that Dari understand Farsi speakers way more than the opposite. Most Farsi speakers don't understand even a half of Dari speech. Of course, prononciation differs quite a lot, but someone told me that the real problem is that Dari people use a lot of metaphoric expressions and that Farsi people understand the words but not the metaphoric meaning.

Like speaking with enigmas all the time. Is that true? (I'm not sure it's true because a lot of people claims that Dari / Farsi are mutually intelligible without problem).

As an example (I made it myself, it's actually not used in Dari), it's like someone says "there's a storm in my eyes" instead of just saying "I'm crying", you got the idea?

I was wondering if someone who knows Dari could give me some examples like this?

Please write it in Persian script with transliteration and translation (literal and meaning).

Thank you.

submitted by /u/rlf_93
[link] [comments]

from Survey | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2D10Kl5
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments