How to keep progressing?

Hi guys,

I learned English since I was in Midde School (I'm 22 right now) playing Runescape (Online videogame) interacting with another players and watching a lot of YT videos, movies, hearing podcasts,etc. I can easily survive with my English and have a conversation, so it's not a big deal.

The problem is with my German and French, as I started learning German 2 years ago and French 1.5 years ago I feel kind of stuck right now. I started studying both in my Uni but the courses were so bad that I started studying by myself with Babbel and watching Cartoons for kids.

Then I completed Babbel (both Germand and French) and started hearing daily atleast 2 hours Podcast in German and French. Then I used Memrise and then I just started Clozemaster.

THE PROBLEM is that I do can understand most of the podcast (i.e. TED Talks) and I went this summer for 1 Month to a B1.1 German Course in Berlin which helped me a lot.

But it's obviously not the same when I have to talk as I'm not even near fluent. I don't know what should I do, as I basically learned English just by playing a video-game but I wouldn't do that again and it's really hard to find a Tandem here (Mexico).

What would you suggest? I was thinking of just keep watching native media and repeating everything I hear.

submitted by /u/AlanArg12
[link] [comments]

from Nok aba ɗaw | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2wtwV78
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments