Has anyone learned a language by contributing to Wikipedia?

Either through contributing to the target language (risky) or through contributing to the English Wikipedia from the target language Wikipedia that has more information on the same article.

I was given this idea because when eleven year old me had a ton of passion on a topic to the point where I made an article on the Korean Wikipedia with my broken Korean skills. I looked back at my old account today only to see someone ask me on my talk page if Korean was not my native language and how they can help me. Cringe...

ANYWAY today I ended up translating a part of an article in Korean to English (much easier for me) and thought it was pretty cool. What do you guys think? Does anyone do this?

submitted by /u/zaiisao
[link] [comments]

from sewayo | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2OLNSRa
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments