Farsi from Afghanistan

Salaam,

I have a question regarding the different dialects of Farsi. So I was born in Australia to Farsi speaking parents from Afghanistan. I know Farsi from Afghanistan aka Dari. The thing is that I only know the informal local dialect of Afghanistan Farsi (specifically Hazaragi). My parents speak differently when talking to an Iranian and talking to me. I get really shy around Farsi speakers from Iran because I feel like they can't understand me. I can understand what they are saying about 70% of the time. I got a job where I will be interacting with Iranians and I don't know if they will understand me (I put on my resume that I speak Farsi). My questions: Do Iranians understand Farsi from Afghanistan? Do they know what "tashakor" means or do I have to say "merci"? Any other advice will be awesome!

Cheers.

submitted by /u/farsieafghanistan
[link] [comments]

from Nok aba ɗaw | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2NbUriQ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments