Can you lose progress of a trained accent as a ESL if you're exposed to an environment of ESL in your daily life?

In my case: 2x 90 minutes English (B1 teaching...) Reading bunch of texts, ...

Daily: about 20 minutes worth of exposure during the entire day; people using English terms in the German language. For example: "Marketing" (speaking it German-y) or pronouncing things just clearly wrong ("easy, fuck, it's a prank")

Every time I hear badly pronounced words, I barely whisper it to myself the 'right' way (at least in the accent), so I won't remember it the wrong way. I feel kinda like an idiot this way, because what if someone would notice it?

Will something like this affect my progress of the accent? Most of the times I use the 'shadowing technique' on either single words or the radio (BBC 4)

PS: Germans really do have an issue to pronounce the 'th' properly...

PPS: If I think of it, even the teacher noticed the vast difference in vocabulary and pronounciation. We had to introduce ourselves and my classmates barely could form five sentences, meanwhile I already was past the one minute mark and could go on (but got corrupted, just when I wanted to explain why I felt the way of what I was saying back then).

submitted by /u/Janfox
[link] [comments]

from Nok aba ɗaw | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2PUtdf2
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments