Plan to learn languages, and little bit of self introduction. New to here.

Hi everyone.

I am new to here and nervous about making my first post.

I'm from South Korea and went to middle and high school in US. (native in Korean and okay with English)

I go to university in Japan, but right now I took a leave of absence due to a mandatory military service in Korea.

I am done with the service now, and I will reinstate this fall.

Right now, I'm in China, trying to learn Mandarin but self-discipline has been trouble for me.

So, I am trying the method of making it public so I can be self-disciplined.

I've been dreaming of being a polyglot and I think I will keep making progression posts to guide myself to it.

I am also hoping to make others who has similar dream of mine motivated as well.

One day, if I get good in certain languages, I wish to share some tips and methodology I used. (Actually learning language is also practicing of my methodology)

That's it about me and here is my plan.

  1. Chinese

I came to China in March so it has been 3 months since I started to learn Chinese. I finished basic grammar book that I brought here and working on HSK 4 materials. I've memorized HSK 4 essential vocabs (1200 words) and doing books right now. I will go back to Korea in July and probably take HSK 5 there. I am also hoping to pass HSK 6 this year.

Here is my plan of achieving my goal. First I am going to finish HSK 4 book as soon as possible. This months I will memorize 2500 essential HSK 5 vocabs and finish HSK book.

I will use Hellotalk app and my friends in China to have conversation, working on my speaking.

  1. Japanese

Once I go back to Japan, I will start studying JLPT N1.

I'm going to make post every possible day writing about what I learned, and how much I studied. Probably Post in here and in the subreddit of the language that I am currently learning. Maybe it can provide some insights about learning languages.

(If that is not suitable in here please let me know, maybe give me a word of wisdom where I can do that. But I've seen series of video of Chinese learning materials. May it's different than series of progression posts?)

After mastering those two languages I will find other languages to learn. (thinking about French and Spanish)

This is it, hopefully I can pull this long time goal.

If you want to ask me questions about anything, don't hesitate. I will answer as much as possible.

submitted by /u/enjoyinglife95
[link] [comments]

from வணக்கம் | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2HgftWu
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments