Looking for tips in learning /retaining German

Hello,

As you can tell I am an English speaker, but I have been wanting to learn German. I know learning a language takes a lot of time, and practice, but this is a goal of mine.

I have been using duolingo (so far on a 7 day streak) , and I must say it is helping me for the most part ( I use the desktop version at home, requires more typing /spelling. ) and at work I use the Mobil app ( more speaking and memorization).

Now my questions are:

1.) How do I improve on top of practicing with these apps? I have taken it up to write sentences, repeat sentences out loud (even if they spell it in English, I try to say the German form).

2.) What are other things I can get that will help this process? I am looking into books (very basic books, the ones for people trying to learn the language). I do not mind if they cost money (as long as it's not too expensive)

3.) How long a day is an optimal amount? I have been trying to be consistent ( 30-40 minutes minimum a day. On the days I have more time, I take 1-2 hours to practice)

If you made it this far, I appreciate your time, and cannot wait to see some answers! Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/The_Pie_Phantom
[link] [comments]

from Еттык | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2MqWxrA
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments