Did anyone try passive learning of second language while actively learning the first one? Does it work?

I am currently on my first language and I was wondering if I should start watching media from my second language, i.e. Spanish. I am not going to going to start learning the second language till I master the first one. But I already love spanish movies and tv shows. So I can start watching them.

I have heard of Mongolians speaking russian because they have a lot of russian tv channels in their homes. I have also heard of nepali and bangladeshi people speaking indian because they watched a lot of bollywood movies. Yet they never tried to actively learn the indian languages. So would it be possible to learn a language by just watching a lot of media and not actively trying to learn it?

submitted by /u/acertenay
[link] [comments]

from Merhaba | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2KkpJTZ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments