Looking for languages that regularly alter long and short vowels

Something like Slovak with the rhythmic rule. I love this feature a lot, so, I thought that it would be interesting to explore if there are other languages that alter long and short vowels regularly - for the most part, if there are some exceptions that's ok.

To clarify what I mean even further, I am not talking about the stress. I mean the real vowel length alternation where the time your pronounce the long vowel is about twice the time (or longer) as the short vowel.

I am not sure if I can find that kind of language in Europe but I am curious about Asia, Africa, Oceania or Americas. Or even conlangs ;).

If you know about languages that utilize this feature let me know.

submitted by /u/pataki9
[link] [comments]

from வணக்கம் | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2IWDXK2
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments