I have been thinking about making an online textbook for heritage speakers of my mother tongue. How do I start?

My family immigrated to the US from India when I was young. We speak Bengali and home, but English is by far my primary language. I have been thinking about trying to make a "Bengali for Bengali Heritage Speakers" online textbook (or something similar) for a while now. I know lots of people in my generation that have wanted to learn how to read Bengali or learn more proper vocabulary in it, but don't know where to start or how to dedicate their time. While I think I could figure out the formatting and logistics for the course/textbook, I'm a little lost on where to start for content. I'm aware that I should definitely buy some reference grammars for Bengali and constantly consult with more proficient natives (like my parents and their generation), but I'm a little unsure of what's the best way to structure the content. For example, how should I present grammar lessons? Or vocab? And also, what kinds exercises/materials that would be most effective for an online self-study textbook like this?

If anyone knows of any resources, materials, readings, or just advice that could help me figure this out, it would be much appreciated!

submitted by /u/madscientist113
[link] [comments]

from Ontitokaaha | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2kbhUR6
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments