Career paths using language skills?

I graduated from university in the US two years ago, and I'm struggling to find my "path," as stupid as that sounds. Languages are my passion, and I have a talent for them. I am near-fluent in French (used to be fluent, but have not had an opportunity to use it much the past few years) and learned Arabic in university. I have a good ear and I can pick things up quickly once I am exposed to them. I am now working a general admin job that's fine and pays the rent while taking evening classes to brush up on my Arabic as my skills fell a bit dormant after I graduated.

The thing is, I love language and I know it's a lucrative skill, I'm just struggling with how I want to apply it. I would love to do translation work, and I know this skill is currently needed in some US government departments and positions, but whenever I mention this one of my friends mentions that AI will take that over in a few years and I need to figure out something to do that's less replaceable. I know that language skills can be valuable in so many different fields, I'm just struggling to find some inspiration as to what exactly I want to do with it.

Anyone here who applies their language skills or passion to their career (or know of someone who does), what do you do?

submitted by /u/howyabean
[link] [comments]

from வணக்கம் | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2JiU0RJ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments