Recently started relearning a native language (French) that I mostly forgot after moving and I've been doing pretty well. Need help on where to go next.

I'm a native french speaker but I moved to a different country at age 6 and stopped speaking French shortly after. I can speak two other languages fluently but I wanted to relearn French so I immersed myself in the language (as much as I can) watching French movies, TV shows, youtubers, etc.

It has worked so far, to the point where I can understand almost everything I hear when watching movies and shows but I still struggle with the news with more sophisticated vocab and technical terms. My speaking has also improved drastically and I can construct sentences with ease now even without actively practicing that.

My question now is where should I go from here, all of this has been mostly casual and I haven't really done any courses/used books or anything. My conjugation and grammar are still a bit weak as well. What can I do to go from where I'm at now to the next level of proficiency.

submitted by /u/meltedmicrowave
[link] [comments]

from ⵎⵕⵃⴱⴰ | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2Kr0Lie
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments