I live in America, and, while it makes the most sense to learn Spanish as a second language (in terms of ease of learning and number of people who speak it), I want to learn Japanese... Should I pursue Japanese, or should I stick to Spanish?

I know that learning Spanish is one of the easier languages and since Spanish is the most widely spoken language in the US other than English, I really should learn Spanish... I am just so uninterested in the language.

I would much prefer to learn Japanese, but I've read that Japanese is one of the most difficult for an English speaker to learn...

I'm stuck. Do I learn a language I'm not interested in that is much more useful to me, or do I learn the one I want to learn, but is nearly useless to me and much harder to learn?

submitted by /u/mattaphorica
[link] [comments]

from ⵎⵕⵃⴱⴰ | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2I39Lvn
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments