How to spend the time between a repetition and another.

Hi guys, I had a "problem", if we can define it a problem, studying Chinese.

I started studying Chinese about last october but never put a lot of effort, in fact now I know the translation of about 50 words and make short sentence.

In order to study it, I use a modified version of the spaced repetition technique with flashcards, and every day I learn about from 1 to 3 words.

That method doesn't take a lot, in particular it works in this way: I pick up a card I read the English word on one side, then I try to write it in Chinese and to pronounce it. If I got both the writing and the pronunciation the card shifts on the next bunch.

This method is perfect when I am at school and try to revise Chinese during lessons, because it doesn't take too much time, the "problem" comes when I have more time and I would like to use it to improve my Chinese, because if I revise the bunch containing the flashcards I know better, I would lose the benefit of spaced repetition (because if I have to revise a bunch every 4 days, if I revise it before the forth day I would remember the thing better and my brain wouldn't be stimulated to put that information in the long term memory), but if I put too many words there is the risk that in the next days I couldn't find the time to revise them all.

Any advice?

submitted by /u/Cawuth
[link] [comments]

from ⵎⵕⵃⴱⴰ | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2HE9GyX
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments