What could it mean when specific individuals frequently can't seem to understand you even though most people don't seem to have a problem?

there are a couple of International students in my program who frequently ask me to repeat things, to the point where I can almost guess that over half the time, they will respond with "What?" or "Can you repeat?"

They have accents but they seemed to have learned English at a young age in school. Sometimes it is difficult for me to attribute this to my pace of speech, accent, or just sloppy pronounciation. This also happens when I speak in another language, it seems that some native speakers understand me well, and some will always seem confused and go "what??"

submitted by /u/questiondudes
[link] [comments]

from ಸ್ವಾಗತ | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2Fw6Zg4
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments