Loving a language for no reason

Ever since I caught the language bug I’ve dabbled in many different languages from different families, but some while interesting I abandon without looking back. However there are a few that make me feel something when I listen to them. Maybe it’s the phonetics, the morphology, the culture or simply the way I had contact with them. I don’t know why but some languages just find a place in my heart and I can’t just stop learning them... It happened with Japanese for obvious reasons, with German really randomly for no apparent reason at all because I’m not really a fan of the phonoaesthetics and the grammar is nothing special, and more recently Arabic and Persian. Persian is just the most phonoaesthetically pleasing language I’ve heard, hits hard, and Arabic for some reason resonates with me?? I don’t know. It’s a very weird language and sometimes can sound reaaally weird and has a very religious culture but for some reason I’m attached to it? It’s like I formed an emotional conection to some languages. My brain likes it when I hear / read / speak these languages. This is very strange. I don’t really understand why. Does this happen to anyone else with random languages?

submitted by /u/rainbowcouscous
[link] [comments]

from ಸ್ವಾಗತ | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2TYYwdB
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments