Language Learning for Logical Thinkers

Hi all,

For a long time I have had stabs at learning languages, first french and spanish in school to no avail, then eventually German over duolingo.

It's always enjoyable at first, but I struggle with long-term retention of structure and language - especially because I'm a very logical and methodological thinker. Foreign language is especially difficult because of this because it lacks clear logic in grammar, spelling, structure; when it comes to male and female words as an English speaker I especially have no clue as there's no logic and it doesn't have anything in common with my own language.

But, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this issue. I still want to one day learn to speak another language, ideally German (or Hebrew/French/Spanish), and am looking for tips from you guys if you have experienced the same issues. Thanks!

submitted by /u/1500lego
[link] [comments]

from howaimbawai| Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2GtHEFt
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments