Is it realistic to self teach Greek?

I've been fascinated by the language for years now, and I regularly travel from the UK to Greece and have always wanted to be able to speak to the locals in their own language rather than relying on English. The only real language learning experience I've got is from studying French at school, and even then I've only managed to reach a very basic level.

In terms of Greek, I've taught myself some very basic individual words, and of course have learned the Greek alphabet as it is so different to English, but is it realistic to continue with the prospect of reaching a level of conversational Greek?

If anyone has any reccomendations on resources like textbooks etc. that would be really helpful! I much prefer working from physical books and watching videos. Also any ideas for grammar books and videos would be brilliant.

Ευχαριστώ!

submitted by /u/alocotpi
[link] [comments]

from Тавтай морилогтун | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2FnZARf
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments