Subtitles and spoken language are widely different in movies?

I am learning Spanish and I need more help with my listening skills. I decided to try watching movies in Spanish thinking the visual may be able to help me understand. However, I found that the spoken language in the movies is much different (at least to my untrained ear) from the dialect/accent that I am used to hearing and have been using to learn. I decided the Spanish subtitles might help bridge the gap as my reading comprehension is much higher. But in the movies I have chosen, I have realized that the words on screen do not correspond directly with the spoken words.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Are they just the movies I’m picking with bad translations?

If it has been a problem for anyone else, did you just watch a ton of movies until you started to pick it up on your own?

submitted by /u/Bo_Bo_Slice
[link] [comments]

from வணக்கம் | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2KUInNU
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments