"Regular people" (not r/LL) and language learning

So my friend moved to France a few years ago. When she was in the US and getting all her ducks in a row, she said she was learning French. She seemed very excited.

She moved two years ago, fast forward to now - and it seems she's hit a brick wall. She doesn't hang out with French people at all, just English-speaking expats. The language barrier was too much.

How normal is this? I'm concerned because I"m probably towards the lower end of language learning ability...could very much end up like her (my career could be remote in a year).

I feel r/LL are just really good at language learning. Lots of "normal people" just give up.

submitted by /u/_zyzyx
[link] [comments]

from Siya namkela nonke | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/32dHZUJ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments