Is it worth learning a second language if I mostly come across English Speakers and cannot afford language classes?

For example, I saw that Norwegian is one of the easiest languages to learn, but it's not very useful outside Norway/ Scandinavia. I thought Spanish might be good, but I know nobody that speaks Spanish. I cannot afford language classes so I would have to learn all my own. When I could afford it, I did a lot of Auslan classes, I basically know no Auslan now because I don't know anyone who signs and therefore forgot a lot of the language.

I could see it helping me order at restaurants, as I get embarrassed when I can't pronounce something, travelling is a possibility but we never know where life takes us, but other than that would it be worth it?

submitted by /u/Pr3ttynp3tty
[link] [comments]

from Aloha | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2ZYWblX
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments