What should I prioritize?

So, I love languages, hearing them and seeing them is just crazy fascinating to me. I find myself trying to identify languages I hear in public, all that.

My problem is, I really wanna proceed with learning more, particularly Russian right now. I started probably over a year ago, but I've made little to no progress, between school, and (mainly) a lack of motivation, but I really want to commit and progress. I speak English natively and I've been taking Spanish for 4 years in school now, with maybe a B1-B2 (and that's probably really pushing it) level of fluency, just so it's known that I'm not new to learning languages.

That being said, I'm aware Russian can and will be very difficult to learn but I'm so fascinated by it, so I was just wondering what are some strategies to maximize my efficiency and progress? Obviously I don't expect to be at a B2-C1 level in a year, although I'm sure it's possible with serious dedication, but I'd just like some insight from the fine polyglots here on what I can do, like flashcards, Duolingo, etc. to propel myself to fluency in the future

submitted by /u/deePspaceboi
[link] [comments]

from Velkommen | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2KH3mqp
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments