Using Tandem and Hellotalk has greatly helped me with my shyness.

At the beginning of this year I installed both apps because my reading and writing skills in Spanish were very good but my speaking was horrible. I was also super shy to the point where I wouldn't even reply to dms on here haha. However, I realized that if I wanted to improve my speaking I would have to talk to people whether I liked it or not.

When I first started it was hard and I only wanted to text people on there and reluctantly did a call for the first time because so many people kept asking. The guy I did the first call with was super understanding about me being nervous and I ended up having a lot of him. He is now a good friend and we text daily and do 1 call a week minimum. Other than him I have made some other amazing friends and now I am at the point where I am a lot less scared to make the first move and message people and do calls with them. In real life too I have become less reserved. However, most importantly my level of Spanish has increased exponentially.

Note: I apologize for any formatting errors as I am using the mobile app.

submitted by /u/pie314159265
[link] [comments]

from Velkommen | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2N1O40J
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments