How did you do Duolingo? I'm struggling.

I flew through many lessons and maxed out each thing before moving to the next. Something I have struggled with for all of my life is having somewhat of a photographic memory but I do not tend to retain that information for long. It has caused me to get wrong eye prescriptions even because I could memorize the entire chart and then it's like my brain convinced itself that it could actually read what was there despite the blurriness. So I guess does anyone have a suggestion for something that may be better? I subscribed to Duolingo plus but now I'm wondering if I should go with something like Pimsleur to help me retain it and not just to regurgitate visual information for short periods of time. I am going to reset my Duolingo tree and try to just go through it taking each thing to level 1 rather than level 5 to see if it helps but I am not hopeful. I know that it is important to learn to read it and write it as well as speak it...but I'm wondering if I should learn to speak and then come back once I have a solid grasp of that. I value any advice given aside from "just stop doing it" as obviously I've tried that but my brain isn't a fan of listening to me.

submitted by /u/kriskoeh
[link] [comments]

from Velkommen | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/341CrgH
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments