Can I Study 3 Languages At Once?

Hi there!

For the past few months I have picked up language learning as a free time hobby. I find it extremely fun and spend roughly 1 hour a day reading about history of the two languages that I have constantly been studying. English is my primary language and I have been learning spanish and german. I began spanish 3 years ago and I consider myself a solid B2 but maybe a C1. I started german this summer and I am progressing everyday (have about a 1000-1100 word vocabulary). Probably a A2-B1.

I am interested in studying a third language with a different alphabet, notably Arabic or Russian. Both of these languages I understand are extremely difficult and require immense amounts of time and considering that I am starting my first year of college in roughly a week I think it would be a fun hobby but not too overburdening.

Would you recommend doing this? I have a strong background in spanish but want to slow it down to just reading the daily news in spanish. I am continuing to learn German at the rapid pace because I am taking it as a class but should I add Russian and just cruise through at a very slow pace (such as 30 vocab words and a grammar rule or two a week) for fun?

EDIT: I don't struggle with vocabulary oddly. I just rewrite the lists 2-3 times and write a little essay using all the words and memorize them. Also, I am majoring in Chemical Engineering

submitted by /u/AlphaCentauri334
[link] [comments]

from Velkommen | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2MnGHBv
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments