For self learners: Do you make a set study lesson/schedule or other?

This is something I've been wondering about and somewhat struggling with for a while and hoped this would be the right place to ask!

I've been attempting to learn Korean on and off for over a year. I'm not as far as I should be because I keep falling off the wagon (which is entirely my fault for several reasons) but I really want to start taking it seriously so I at least spend every day learning something new about it (even it's just a new word.)

I'm attempting entirely alone, until I get good enough to hopefully sign up for a language exchange program with a native speaker as I hear that's a great way to improve. I would happily pay for a tutor, but my internet isn't the best for Skype or voice calls.

So I was wondering, to the self learners who have found success with any language, did you make a study plan for yourself (using your own materials and/or apps) and follow that? Or just select your materials and just sort of dive in, following along with set steps from apps and/or websites, etc? And what worked best for you?

I understand what works for some won't work for everyone, but seeing your replies could help me put together my own system that works. I have plenty of apps and ebooks downloaded, I guess I'm just never sure where exactly to start or how to continue, even if the apps tell me, especially when I'm using multiple ones (if that makes sense.)

Thank you so much in advance!

submitted by /u/winters_soldier
[link] [comments]

from B’a’ntulena | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2XGm09f
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments