Anyone else accidentally mix their languages?

Sup. American here. My second language is Spanish and I’ve been speaking it for like 5 years, so I’m pretty good, but of course not perfect, and speak it at work a lot.

Anyways, I’ve been learning French and studying daily for a few months now, and I sometimes have a little hiccup when I switch language “modes.”

Like, I’ll wake up, study French for a few hours, then go to work and greet my Spanish-speaking coworker, and what comes out is a sentence that starts in Spanish and ends in French.

That happen to y’all, too? Did you eventually become skilled enough in both languages and this stopped happening?

Mucha merci.

submitted by /u/LibidoCornacopia
[link] [comments]

from B’a’ntulena | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2X8S9Xp
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments