Russian for native speakers

I’m a native Russian speaker who has lived in the US for 40 years whose Russian has become deficient. I can still engage in some conversation and understanding what is being said and written, but not at the level of an adult. I’d guess I have about a first or second grade level Russian comprehension. I’m trying to bring my competence up to at least close to adult level comprehension and literacy. It’s not that I’ve been ignoring the language all this time. As I said, I still speak to friends and family in Russian, but it’s obvious that my vocabulary and to an extent grammar are too deficient to discuss anything of importance beyond the weather, food, or entertainment. I even took Russian as a foreign language in college, and did fine, but that’s not good enough. How can I bring myself up to speed on this? I’ve tried Duolingo but it sucks. It’s rigid for word order and even mistranslates some words. I tried contacting a local Russian cultural center which offers Russian language courses about this, but they ignored me. Any advice would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/Nanocyborgasm
[link] [comments]

from ಸ್ವಾಗತ | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2HOK6Gk
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments