Languages at college

I'm a freshman currently, and I'm about to start registering for the next semester pretty soon. I really want to learn Korean, but my school doesn't offer that as a class. I've been casually studying it periodically, but I want to actually learn the language and be able to understand what I'm doing. If I can learn the language on my own I can test out of having to take language courses, but I would have to do that outside of classes and I'm planning on double majoring so I'm afraid of not having time.

My school does offer Chinese, which I think could also be fun to learn. Should I take courses in Chinese to fulfill my requirements while also learning something I think is interesting, or attempt to learn Korean on my own probably without any formal instruction?? Alternatively, I might transfer within the next semester depending on how my meeting with my adviser goes because of other reasons, but the school I'm thinking about does offer Korean.. so should I just wait?? Ideally, I would honestly like to learn both Korean and Chinese but I'm looking for as many opinions and as much advice as I can get. Thank you!!

Also if you have a favorite method/resource of learning a new language I would really appreciate any suggestions or help!

submitted by /u/rllyari
[link] [comments]

from ಸ್ವಾಗತ | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2JyLQWH
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments