Best services for (german) audiobooks and ebooks?

Hey everyone,

I was thinking about conjoining both my listening and reading practice on the same book. This way I would be more familiar with some of the most used words of the book, and its context, making both activities more fluent.

Therefore, what I would need is both the audiobook and the ebook (kindle) of the same book. For the first 30 minutes I would read the ebook making use of the tool that lets you translate words by clicking on them (on amazon's kindle, at least). Then, for the next 30 mins, I would listen to the audiobook, making use of WorkAudiBook (a really useful tool I've just discovered). The ideal case is to also have the (.srt) transcription of the audiobook to follow it alongside listening to it in WorkAudioBook (for when I don't understand an entire sentence), but this may be asking to much.

My example: Looking online I've found that a good book for German beginners is "The undenliche Geschichte" (The Neverending Story) so I went on amazon to buy both the audiobook and the ebook. This is what I found: $17 + $19 = $36. I find it really expensive for it just being digital content.

Do you know of any website/service with good deals of ebooks+audiobooks of the same book, or better prices in general? Where do you get your digital audio/text content?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Didacc
[link] [comments]

from Γειά σας | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2QvInLv
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments