What's your opinion on Wouter Corduwener?

His youtube channel

Wouter is a Dutch (I think?) self-named hyperpolyglot. He is able to introduce oneself and talk how he likes learning the particular language to make friends, in 20+ languages. I don't consider myself a polyglot whatsoever, as I only speak fluent Polish and English, proficient Mandarin, I took 6 years of German at school and have learned Swedish and Danish for a year or two, but I think remembering 10 phrases in a particular language doesn't make you a speaker of that language. When confronted by youtubers, he did admit he only considers himself fluent in Dutch, English and Mandarin, but as a proficient (HSK4+, TOCFL 4+) speaker, I think his pronunciation is totally off, he mixes up the grammar and has very, very poor vocabulary. A full-time university-level learner would reach his skill in a month, even without actual language immersion in a Chinese-speaking country.

So, what's your opinion? Is the ability to say oh, you speak X language? So do I! I've learned it to make friends in X country. Let's be friends then, I want to be friends with you! speaking the language, or is it not?

submitted by /u/vectoralgebraist
[link] [comments]

from Jó napot kívánok| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2S3B2zn
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments