Getting burned out on the language of the country I'm living in

So I just moved to the Netherlands a few months ago and I've been trying to learn Dutch so I can get a job. I've already got my A2 certificate, graduated from the program a week ago. There's a break of a month between when my 0-A2 class ended and my A2-B1 class begins. I'm supposed to be studying, but all I've wanted to do this past week is speak and consume media in my native language.

I think it's just hard getting out there every day and ALL of the radio, TV, people in the street, etc., are speaking a language you struggle to understand. Obviously, most people here have experienced this, but this is a first for me. I just feel fatigued, and a bit irritated with it.

What have you done in the past when you get burnt out? It's not like I can just drop the language for awhile and come back to it later. I'm living this right now. Yes, everyone here speaks English, but I don't like relying on that because I'm supposed to be integrating.

submitted by /u/SweetPickleRelish
[link] [comments]

from Jó napot kívánok| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2SXqlzw
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments